The following activities are open to CCS students and take place in our facilities; however, they are not sponsored by Calhoun Christian School.
Rising Stars for sixth and seventh grade girls is coached by Chris Cooley and held in our gym during the fall season.
Girls on the Run meets and participates in our facility during the spring semester.
American Red Cross blood drives are held during the year at our facility.
A Note About Facility Use:
Groups or persons requesting facility use must affirm that their beliefs and practices and planned uses of the facilities are consistent with the school’s faith and practice.
The group or person seeking facility use must submit a signed "Building Use Permit” form.
The group or person seeking facility use must be willing to take responsibility for the facilities and equipment used.
- The group or person seeking facility use must agree to abide by the school’s rules of conduct for facility use. These are stated in the Building Use Permit, our Statement of Faith, and our Core Family Values Statement.
Statement of Faith
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God.
- We believe in the deity of Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death, His resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that salvation has been provided through Jesus Christ for all people; and those who repent and believe in Him are born again of the Holy Spirit, receive the gift of eternal life, and become the children of God.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
Core Family Values Statement
That it is unacceptable for Christians to teach hatred towards any group or individual.
- That human life begins at conception and that an unborn child at any stage of development is fully human and should be treated as such.
- That extramarital sexual intimacy, heterosexual or homosexual, is morally wrong.
- That marriage is an exclusively heterosexual institution involving one man and one woman.